Wednesday, February 17, 2010

So-far, so-good.

Today I am thirty-one. My hair still parts on the right and my favorite color is still green. Bridges over water make me nervous {troubled or no}, as does driving in the rain and making left-hand turns {in the car- not as a pedestrian}. Coffee is my drug of choice. Poop jokes get funnier over the years and my crush on River Phoenix has morphed into a somewhat healthier fascination with movies starring Johnny Depp. I've seen the leaning tower of Pisa, the Eiffel tower, Big Ben, Neuschwanstein Castle, a Costa Rican tree-frog, The Spanish Steps, The Avenue of the Dead, and snowy Mt. Pilatus. I fed a cow in Liechtenstein once and made a wish at Trevi Fountain. It hasn't come true yet. I've lived nowhere else but Florida all thirty-one years. I could give or take the beach and I could be moving to a city near you. My first tape was Huey Louis and the News. Or maybe it was Starship. The Bodyguard soundtrack was my first CD. Adam took me to homecoming and Phil took me to prom. Phil's mom's convertible top didn't go up. My hair fell down. I've been in two serious car accidents, but have never broken a bone. Is your nose a bone? Okay. I broke my nose bone. Flip-flops, sneakers, jeans, tee shirts. $275 is how much money I won playing poker this one night. I sew a little, eat a lot, and take photos "like-all-the-time-MOM".
I have a daughter.
A son.
A husband.
And a blog.


Thank you for reading it.

11 comments:

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

Happy Birthday!

And great picture =)

The Panic Room said...

Happy Birthday! You're moving :)

Jens said...

I love this post - and I love the pic! :) beautiful!

Mo said...

Happy Happy Stephanie. And you can gladly come to a city near me. It;'s probably as warm as Florida is at the moment.

Stone Fox said...

that is a great picture of you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SO-SO!!

and please, don't move here: the winter temperatures get down to -49C with the windchill. unless you dig extreme cold, then you should definitely move here.

DIRTY said...

I wondered what happened to your nose...;)

Mobius said...

happy birthday... I have you by 11 years and one day.

JG said...

@dirty
what can I say, she talked back one too many times.

Mme Paulita said...

how many pictures did you take before you got that shot?

Happy belated!

Stephanie Meade Gresham said...

I took quite a few, but they were all decent. This one just jumped out at me and said, "you know i'm the one".

And it was.

fine little mess said...

happy late birthday beautiful! <3