Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Burn BEFORE Reading

Shh. Can you hear that?

That's the sound of the quietest part of my day today. Sure the aquarium pump is chortling and the cat is snoring up on his perch on the arm of the sofa, but listen... that other sound is me thinking.

Not about mom or wife things either. Thinking about what I do when I don't have to think about dinner arrangements, stinky dog ears, or breastmilk stains on my tank tops. And here I am. Shaving off bits of my golden silence to clickety-clack on the keyboard about what I do when I'm not thinking about those things OR clickety-clacking on the keyboard.

So.

I just spent ten minutes thinking instead of typing. It was about a cruise I took with my mom when I was twelve.

Now Sam's awake and I've wasted all my quiet time typing this miserable excuse of a post and thinking about a cruise that wasn't fun.

Wow. I need a do-over.

No comments: